Tuesday, May 14, 2019

The fever...


During yesterday's PT session, there was some discussion of me being... cranky.

Moi?  Joan suggested it was an indication that I am getting better.  I thought it might be a case of cabin fever.  The PT guy said to Joan, "Maybe he will soon be ready for you to take him for a ride?"

I took that as: "I think he is saying we should go for a ride and have lunch out?"  Big ol' frown.  "OK, maybe go for a ride and stop at a drive through?"  A bit less of a frown.

Today is a new day.  I am leaving cranky behind and looking forward to an outing.  What?  NO, I was not inferring that "cranky" meant anyone particular - I mean leaving "my crankiness" to yesterday.

This afternoon, Joan suggested we drive over to the island, pick up some lunch, and come back home.  "Sounds good!"

There are thunderstorms in the Valley, west of us, moving this way.  Time to go so we can get back before the rain hits.  Driving across the causeway...


Nice change of scenery.  We had a plan for where to stop, but we both agreed that it would be best (for me) to not go inside to eat.  A picnic in the car or bring lunch back home?  With weather looming, we made the decision to get the food to go...


Joan is a great cook, but this outing was a change of food pace, and she didn't have to make lunch.  Win-win.  I tolerated the ride just fine, and truly enjoyed the change of scenery.


No comments: