Wednesday, May 29, 2019

I held my breath...


In my physical therapy session yesterday, the therapist had me do the exercise that caused the set-back 11 days ago.  Tenderly.  And, he "helped" me move it.  It hurts, but nothing "popped."  Whew.  Joan will help with with that one for a while.

When walking outside with the therapist, we have time to talk.  I ask the "When do you think..." questions, and he tries to give vague answers.  I realize he can't say, "You will be walking without the cane a week from Thursday," but I like to know that I am on track.

Back inside, I said, "I think I am ready to drive."  He and Joan looked at each other.  It wasn't one of those "Hey, good idea!" looks.  I may have to slip the key in my pocket and go for a little solo drive when Joan isn't looking.  If Joan is reading this, of course I am kidding.

I specifically asked about being able to crouch down... to do the hook-up stuff with the RV.  His response: "That is going to be a while, but you will be good to supervise that if you have a willing travel partner."  I don't think one of us wants to learn how to hook up the sewer hose and I am good with that.  I am just thinking ahead to being able to go somewhere in the RV when I (we) can.  Because it is going to get hotter and more humid here as the summer progresses.  This hip recuperation hasn't changed my "itchy feet" issues.

The new cane is nicer than my old wood one.  I am up to about a block with each outing.  And, making small increases in distance each day.  I still get the "don't over-do it" talk with each PT session. 

No comments: