Wednesday, May 15, 2019

That's one small step for man...


... one giant leap for an old guy with a new hip.

I have been exercising those hip muscles.  Some of those exercises are grueling.  Apparently, things are beginning to pay off: today, after going outside with a cane with the PT guy, and showing that I can maneuver stairs, I have officially been released to "part time with the cane."  I will still need the walker when I first get up in the morning, getting out of bed at night, and when doing exercises.  Limited distances with the cane; and with the Blonde keeping an eye on me.

May not seem like a big deal, but it marks an important step (pun intended): with the cane, I will have one hand free - I could get my own glass of water.  Think about it: with two hands on a walker, you have no hands left to carry a cookie... or a soda... or to get my own damn iPad.  Or, carry a guitar.

One step forward from feeling so helpless.  After this session today, my hip is tired and sore... but I feel good.


No comments: