Saturday, May 11, 2019

I got a call this morning...


It was my friend, Rusty, who had his hip done 3 days after me.  He is already walking without a walker or a cane!  We discussed a lot of stuff, but it mostly came down to "Where's your scar?" and "How did they close it up?"  Very different.  His is obviously a faster (much faster) recovery time.  Yes, I know: "Don't compare your hip and recovery with anyone else."  Hard not to with these very different recoveries.  He says his scar is just a few inches and in the front.  Mine is more like 12 to 13" and just behind what I would call the hip bone.  I understand, different surgical procedures for different situations.

No, I am not jealous - I am delighted for my friend, and it makes me want to work even harder to move my recovery along.  The PT guy says that I am doing the right amount of "push" and to not go further than that.  While yesterday (going to the doctor's office) left me worn out, I feel I am moving better today.  Last night was a mostly sleepless night, with some obvious med-induced issues, but I did get some sleep this morning.

I had a plan for today: lay down some music tracks.  That seems like it should be rather easy on the ol' bones, huh?  While in my music chair, I was doing leg exercises while recording.  Joan had to go to the store while I was in my recording mode, and I managed to switch around on different instruments and... play drums on a couple tracks.  Without help.  No completed songs, but I have sent my part on to Mark for his additions.  I'm anxious to see what he does with them.  In all, I put down 8 tracks today.  It felt good.

The house is full of good smells right now: Joan bought a pork roast while at the store.  That and a chocolate cake are making my nose happy.  I'm assuming the belly will be happy soon, too.  ;-)


No comments: