Tuesday, May 7, 2019

In my own defense: I was left unsupervised...


No, nothing bad happened, I just like that title.  Joan did get out of the house a couple times, while Rufus and I held down the home front.  Another day, more of the same.  And by "more," I mean I did more PT exercises on my own today.  I can tell I pushed, because the leg is stiff and sore.

My big step for the day was getting cleaned up and ready for the day with no help.  OK, maybe not a "big" step, but a step.  I'm still not fixing any food for myself, but that is because I need both hands for the walker - one of those car window trays that Sonic uses is gonna be a bit rickety hanging off that walker.

My buddy Mark sent me another set of music tracks today, but it may be a day or two before I can get the recording situation set back up... it will come with time.  I did, however, sing along with his keyboard and guitar tracks (good practice for me).

I mentioned above about "Rufus and I"... in my current state, I am more like a house pet.  Well, a big ol' house pet that generates laundry and more concern.  Rufus is treating me different; Joan thinks it is the powered chair (bed, nest??) that he isn't sure about.  I am seeing him no longer considering me the "alpha male"... I am a bit concerned that he is making his hierarchy move.  This evening, he is sitting by Joan on the couch while I am on other side of the room by myself.  At this point, I have no doubt that he is less effort to care for than I am.  I'm not paranoid, but I have to up my game.


No comments: