Thursday, April 22, 2021

And, the winner is...

 

It's a tie!  Rufus and Tasha (Steph's big fancy girl, Siberian Forest Cat) tied for first place!


 Steph asked me if she should have another grade level break the tie.  My response...

"I think a tie is a good way to end it.  Give Tasha a hug and tell her congratulations on being super CUTE and having a Momma willing to commit voter fraud for her.  Also, congratulations to Spicy (the guinea pig) and all the other exceptionally cute contestants!"

Rufus, ever the good boy and good sportsman said, “Thanks for letting me be in the contest!”

Whew, that was a long time coming.  If it had come down to the talent competition, I think Rufus would have taken it all, with his exceptional leash walking.  But, I may be biased.

Now, we can get back to real life.  Today, we made a trip out to the motorhome - it got put away after driving through rain on the way back from Austin in January.  This looked like the best (coolest) in the next week, so we headed out early to the storage unit.  I pulled the coach out of the storage unit and put it on a concrete pad to wash it.  While I worked on that, Joan swept out the storage unit, filled up tires on the boat trailer (it will come out next week to get fresh bottom paint), vacuumed inside the coach, and put stuff away.  I didn't see her working, so she may have been sitting with her feet up, eating bon-bons.  This is proof of me toiling away...


In the end, the motorhome looks good, and the storage unit is nice and tidy.  I climbed up into the boat and took the battery out of it to take home and charge.  We put it away clean and draped the cover over it, so it doesn't need much else.

It an amazing bit of good timing, it sprinkled for about 30 seconds 5 minutes after I put the coach back in the storage unit.  I should buy a lottery ticket.

It was after lunch time when we were done - Joan suggested we go to the island and pick up BBQ at Porky's to take home.  Unanimous vote.  Porky's used to be in Port Isabel, but they lost their lease - it took a while, but they were able to find a place to put their food trailer on SPI (food trucks and trailers have to be "approved" by a brick and mortar restaurant, but that's another discussion).  The BBQ is just as good as when they had their fixed location, and our bellies were happy.

When we got home, I told Rufus about the news of him tying for first place in the Cute Cat Contest.  He said, "That's nice - can I have a treat?"  I assume Steph's school will be sending out some kind of huge trophy.  I wonder if they will be doing press releases or if I should write up something for the local media?

;-)



2 comments:

Earl49 said...

Big congrats to Rufus (he is a good boy!) and secondary congrats to Tasha (I'm sure she is a good girl). This is the kind of voter fraud we can all live with. :-)

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Tasha is a good girl... and she and Joan have a special relationship. Well, we'll see about that next time we get to see her; hopefully she hasn't forgotten us.