Friday, April 9, 2021

Wind indicator...

 

I may have mentioned the wind in the last 30 or 40 posts.  If not, it's been windy.  Yes, I could have made a music trivia question about that, but I think I've already used that one a time or twelve.  Yep, blowing like stink again today.

I got my bicycle ride in early this morning, and the wind was already more than 20 mph.  One more adjustment on the different seat, and I think I have a good fit.

Not much desire to go out the rest of the day, but Joan did entice me with, "If you want to go to the store with me, we can stop at the Dairy Queen."  I had mentioned craving a Peanut Buster Parfait a couple days ago.  I'm in.  The wind was 25 gusting to 35.

I must have been a good boy today - Joan made spaghetti for supper... and she makes the best spaghetti!  After supper, I asked Rufus if he'd like to try a walk... the wind was back down to 20 (the boy is not a fan of strong wind).  We leashed him up and headed out.  Yep, still windy.  He put up with it for a bit, but it wasn't long before he let me know it was time...


"Come on, Pops - let's go inside and get me a treat!"  It was no Peanut Buster Parfait, but he likes his pumpkin treats.

The boy has a good feel for wind strength.  



 

No comments: