Friday, April 23, 2021

The many faces of...

 

Rufus.  What else?

The boy sleeps hard...


 When I got back from my bicycle ride this morning, the big furry boy was waiting for me out on the deck...


He was really bellering - pretty sure you could hear him all the way down the canal.  "My Daddy's home!"

"It's probably time for a treat, huh?"


To be fair, he thinks it is always time for a treat.  He had to wait for his until I got back from my second garbage run of the day, on my e-hog...


I made a run early this morning, then another one this afternoon.  The blue and silver things on the footboard of the e-scoot is a pair of folding camp chairs.  They have lived a long and useful life, and the fabric has weathered plenty of UV exposure.  Their time has come.  For our summer out in the coach, they have been replaced with a zero gravity chair for Joan and a camp chair with "suspension" (allows it to rock) for me.

This little e-scoot has worked out just as I had expected... I kinda look forward to taking the garbage to our community compactor these days.  ;-)



3 comments:

Jeff Collingwood said...

Love your e-scooter. I am going to get one when we get to our summer home in Montana. Can you give me info on the accessories you got (enough so I can find them on the internet). Like the rearview mirror and the two things on the handlebars, one I assume holds your phone and the other holds? We live in a small town of only 160 people so this scooter will be useful and fun. Right now I do everything in my golf cart.

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Hi Jeff. Most folks do their on-island running around with a golf cart here. I'd rather be on two wheels. The scoot itself is a Razor EcoSmart Metro Electric. Simple, has about a 10 mile range (my best guess). The rearview mirror attaches with a Velcro strap, got it at Walmart for $10. The phone holder is a RAM mount and is serious overkill, but something I had leftover from my Vespa update. The other thing is a small pouch to carry stuff - was given to me by our daughter, intended for my bicycle, but just straps on there, also with Velcro. It has a clear sleeve on top, if you want to put your phone in there. I only put the phone holder on there to get an idea of the speed when I first got the scoot - our fastest speed limit here is 15mph; this little e-scooter will do 17 to 18 with my weight. It isn't something you'd want to take on more typical streets, unless there is a bike lane. For our small island community, it works for me.

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Just looked it up: this is the mirror...

https://www.amazon.com/Bell-7015978-SMARTVIEW-Mirror-Black/dp/B000LOG3EW/ref=zg_bs_3403241_80?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=YBGV0BSZY931FB0J5PA2