Wednesday, April 7, 2021

The answer, my friend...

 

... is blowin' in the wind. 

If you said, "Bob Dylan, 1962," you get 25 bonus points.  If you said, "I don't know about the answer, but it is sure blowin' like stink again in the Tropical Tip," you get 50 bonus points and a gold star for accuracy.

I was talking with a neighbor yesterday (stopped while on my bike ride), who was saying they weren't able to enjoy their motorcycle and boat as much this winter, mostly because of the windy weather.  I had to agree.  Joan put up our roll down sun screens yesterday because the wind had kicked up.  This morning, after I got back from my bike ride (which was a lot of work in the wind), I took down our American flag, which was snapping in the wind.  The weather weasels are predicting more of the same all day.

Seems that it has been unrelenting this season.  Under normal (non-virus) times, we would just be getting back from Arizona about now, so I can't really say what January through March have been like around here the last 10 years or so.

Rufus sure notices the wind - as I've said before, the boy does not like the wind blowing up his hind end.  Yesterday, late afternoon, his walk was "once around the house," and he was ready to get inside, out of the wind.  Me, too.

--------

This evening, the wind died down to 14 mph, and I took Ruf out for a walk.  We spent about 20 minutes out and about, and that 14 mph wind felt almost calm to us, considering how it has been blowing the last couple days.  Only one dog out walking this evening - a terrier looking dog whose eyes got huge when he saw Rufus walking towards him.  His owner said, "He's afraid of cats."

I told him, "Rufus is good with dogs, but I'll keep him back.  You two have a nice evening."

"Good looking cat, though."  He is not wrong.  As they walked away, the dog kept looking back, wanting to make sure that cat wasn't following him.  ;-)


No comments: