Monday, April 5, 2021

Is that electric?

 

After taking Steph and Dan to the airport, we made a short shopping stop, then went back home.  It takes a while to get things put back in order in this small place and get moved back into my bathroom.  And then, time for a scooter outing.

A beautiful day blossomed after a gray morning. I had an enjoyable ride.  Coming back across the causeway, I passed a pickup with their music blasting.  At the red light at the other end of the causeway, the pickup pulled up next to me, the guy rolled down the window and asked, "Is that thing electric?"

"No, it's gas," I said.

"You blew by me going up that steep part (the high point of the causeway) and I never even heard you."

"Well, you did have some music playing... and, it doesn't have to be loud to be fast."

"I guess not," he said.

I had to chuckle.  The speed limit is 55 there.  I may have been doing 62(ish).  I guess "fast" is relative.  ;-)


No comments: