Friday, April 2, 2021

Those people are still here...

 

That's what Rufus said to me before I got out of bed this morning.

We picked up Steph and Dan at the airport last night at 10:30.  First hugs I've had (other than from Joan) in just over a year.  First time I got to see their smiling faces in just over a year.  Lively conversation on the way home (about an hour from the airport).  More lively conversation... 'till about 1:00.

Then, this morning: "Dad.  Dad.  Dad!  Those people are still here - they're in our house."

"Yes, Ruf, that's Steph and Dan; they're supposed to be here.  They came to see you."  That seemed to be an acceptable response.

We are so happy that they made the effort to get here for this 4-day holiday weekend.

Steph had a couple requests for what to do while they're here - #1 on the list: breakfast tortillas from Manuel's.  I called in the order, she and I went to pick them up...

 

We had a little time to kill - I took that photo while we were waiting for the bridge to get off the island; a tug pushing two barges got a bridge opening just before we got there.

--------

Rufus has been doing his part to make Steph and Dan feel at home: giving Dan some belly...


And relaxing with Steph...




No comments: