Friday, April 16, 2021

Dog content...

 

On one of the RV forums where I've participated for years, there is a joke thread.  The last couple days, there has been a lot of dog content on that thread - not really jokes, but about all the redeeming qualities of a dog...

 

Rufus appreciated all the dog content when I read it to him...



He asked if he could get a puppy.  I explained to him that it is a lot of responsibility and would very likely cut into his nap times.  "Yeah, but, people said all those good things."

"Yes, but you have to feed a dog, walk a dog, pickup up after it poops outside, brush it, and train it," I told him.

"Train it?  Pick up its poop?  Cut into my nap time?  I may have to rethink this," he said.

"Why do people have dogs if they are so much work?" he asked.

"Because they become a part of the family."

"Like me?"

"Yes, Ruf."

He said, "I have you and Mom - you're all the pets I need."

"You're a good boy, Rufus."



Rufus and I thank you for all that good dog content.

--------

Joan said, "You've had a good day."

Yep.  Nice thing about being retired: most of the time you get to do what you want.  I got out for my bicycle ride this morning; it was a lovely day.  After breakfast, I started working on another recording project... a solo effort on a song Mark and I did a couple years ago.  Joan asked what my plan was for the song, and I had to say I didn't really have a plan... "I'm going to go into the music room and see how it plays out."

I had a good time trying a few different things, then started laying down some tracks.  When I came out to feed Rufus his lunch, Joan said, "It is sounding good - I really like that song."  She was the impetus for this effort: a few days ago when I was playing for her and Rufus, she requested this song... I had forgotten much of it since I hadn't played it in over a year.

I got the tracks recorded.  I'll work on some video another day.

Then, out for a ride on the Vespa.  Just riding around.  Enjoying the afternoon.  Nice way to wrap up the afternoon.

 

No comments: