Monday, October 17, 2022

Delete...

 

No, I'm not trying to delete this post.

I got out on my bicycle this morning and got rained on by the time I was a block away... 80º, so it wasn't cold.  I finished my ride.  Back home, cleaned up, and we went grocery shopping.  Then, out to lunch - Russo's Italian Restaurant on SPI has great pizza.

Joan got a notice on her phone while we were at the restaurant that UPS made a delivery to the house.  It wasn't raining at that point, so the packages won't get wet.  Among the things in the boxes: new scissors for Joan and an SD card for me.  The card I have been using in my Insta360 One X2 camera was only 32 GB; I occasionally ran out of space on the card.  During the recent Prime Days (or whatever they were calling it), there was a 256 GB SD card at a great price.  I added it to the cart; she had other stuff in the cart already.

When we got home, Joan opened the boxes and gave me the new SD card.  Good thing she got some new industrial strength scissors, because that little package with the SD card wasn't going to open without extreme means.  After making only 4 cuts (in the package, not my finger), I freed the SD card from its little plastic prison.

I swapped out the cards, and formatted the new one in the camera - it warns you that it will delete everything on the card.  It's a new card, shouldn't be anything on there.  But, I did feel the need to test out the camera to make sure everything was working like it is supposed to.  And, while I'm at it, I connected the camera to a new 3 meter selfie stick that will allow me to get "drone type" shots without breaking out the drone.


 

Yep, it all worked like it is supposed to (first video I've shot in about a month, and this one wasn't as much fun as the riding videos from this summer)...


 It is supposed to rain tonight and all day tomorrow - I don't think I'll be out shooting any videos.


No comments: