Friday, October 14, 2022

The Season...

 

Someone is having a birthday soon.  Not me or Rufus.  I suggested an outing to Brownsville for lunch at a place we haven't been to in several years and a stop at Nothing Bunt Cakes.  My potential lunch date accepted.

The meal was tasty.  The service was slow.  We've come to expect that these days.  We were seated in a booth across from the bar.  A guy came in to pick up a meal to go and sat down at the bar.  He was out of my line of sight, but Joan told me that he looked and acted totally shit-faced.  Or, perhaps a bit crazy?

Turns out, some of each.  He was rocking back and forth on his barstool and fell over flat on his back.  I got up and helped pick him up.  Pretty sure hitting his head caused no further issues.  Shaved head with tattoos all over his head; it's a look.

The restaurant manager came over to him, I think inviting him to move on.  I'm not a fan of being around crazy people, so I understand their position.

The big news: my music room is set up.  Guitars were brought out of their "undisclosed location" and put into their hangers on the wall.  The Emeralds were all still in tune; can't say the same for the wood guitars.  I set up the Boze PA and my harmonizer pedal.  It felt good to make some "plugged in" music.

The "house stuff" is pretty well done, so we can now turn our attention to a couple things on the motorhome.  Later.  When things cool off a bit.  


No comments: