Monday, October 31, 2022

Sunbreaks...

 

We heard that term a lot when we were in the Pacific Northwest - it's that 30 seconds or so of sun peaking through the clouds in an otherwise gray day.  I haven't heard that used here in the Tropical Tip.  This morning, though, it was an actual "sunbreak"...


 And during the stop on my bicycle ride to get the photo above, I took this...


Someone provide a bench "for my walking friends."

About 30 seconds later, that sunbreak was gone.  Looks like it will be mostly cloudy today, with a chance of rain tonight and tomorrow.  The days aren't all sunny in the Tropical Tip.

When I got back from my ride, Rufus got to go for a walk.  Two nights ago, while out for a walk, he picked up a bunch of sand burrs.  A couple of them required scissors and bit of fur trimming to get out.  Our walks since then have been very careful, and avoiding the grassy areas (his favorite).  I thought that might mean he'd want to cut the walks short, but last night was one of his longest walks since we've been home... I figured we covered about a half mile; that's a big walk for him.  For full disclosure, about 2/3 of the way along, he stopped and laid down.  In the street.  Getting dark.  I figured he was tuckered out, so I carried him for a while; he seemed good with that, just looking around while my feet did the walking.  100 yards or so from home, I put him down so he could finish the walk home on his own four feet.

He's a good boy.  ;-)


No comments: