Saturday, October 8, 2022

Settling in...

 

Getting back in to my home routine.  First thing: Rufus wants to go for a walk...

 

After a bicycle ride this morning, I cleaned up and joined Joan and Rufus out on the deck.  We sat for a bit, but I knew what I had to do.

 

Yesterday, Joan said she would like French toast and bacon on the griddle.  And, in my role as trophy husband, I know I have to do some light cooking to keep my woman happy.  I took a few minutes to get things set up on the griddle, then fired it up.  Bacon first... I love the smell of bacon in the morning.  And, the afternoon and evening.

Joan did the prep work on the French toast, then dipped some cinnamon bread we had and put it on the griddle.  I kept the heat low and let the bread come up to a nice golden brown.  We enjoyed our breakfast out on the deck.  I didn't think about "a food shot," until it was mostly gone...


 Sure was tasty!  We sat out on the deck for a while, enjoying the morning...


I brought out a guitar (yes, a carbon fiber Emerald X7) and made some music while Joan brushed Rufus.  This is my idea of settling in.  ;-)

With dishes done and the griddle cleaned, Joan requested "a movie afternoon."  Not out to a theater, since we no longer have one on SPI, but more along the lines of Netflix and chill.  She rattled off a dozen different options... I asked, "Is that Jeffrey Dahmer one a music comedy, 'cause that sounds like fun?"  Instead, we're starting out with Dog, starring Channing Tatum.  Probably because she thinks the dog will turn out to be lovable, not because of Channing's hard body.

Yep, settling in.

--------

The first movie (Dog) was good.  We've now moved onto a Liam Neeson movie, so someone is going to get dead.  Rufus isn't watching the movie, but he has that chill part down pat...




No comments: