Thursday, October 6, 2022

Didja get the number of the truck that hit me?

 

It the words of the philosopher Roseanna Roseannadanna: "It just goes to show you, it's always something."

We got our Covid and flu shots yesterday; I got mine in the morning, Joan got hers in the afternoon.  By early evening, I was having body and joint aches.  Joan was a bit achy, but she said it was more from work she did out on our deck yesterday rather than the shots.  My shots both burned as they pushed the stuff in; she didn't feel anything.

Each of the first two Covid shots and now the third booster (5 shots total) have resulted in different reactions.  I expected to be fatigued and have some soreness at the injection sites.  With this combination, even my hair hurts.  Neck and shoulders, lower back, fingers and toes - all competing for "Who Hurts the Most?"  Fingers and toes???  Joan isn't having as much of that.

I woke up about 3:30 this morning, and I had the bed to myself.  Joan had moved to the couch.  This morning when we were both up, I asked, "Did I chase you out last night?"

"Yes, you moaned all night long.  Every time you moved, you moaned... and you moved a lot."

"Maybe I was having a sex dream?" I suggested.

"There was nothing pleasurable about it..."

"Certainly not for me."

I had no reaction to a couple of the shots before.  Each has been different.  The effects (when there were some) lasted 24 to 36 hours.  Maybe this is because of getting both at the same time?  Maybe I'll just take a nap?

--------

The nap didn't happen.  Joan has been cleaning on the deck and took down one of the sun screens to replace the fittings for raising/lowering it.  Since my cleaning skills are meager at best, my part of it was replacing those fittings.  We hung the screen, and... works just like it should.  Those screens do a great job at cutting the heat from the west exposure.

Omar, the guy who keeps our palm tree trimmed and looking good, showed up this morning.  He was scheduled for tomorrow, but sooner is better.  He always does a great job, and he and his crew are hard-working.  They clean up any mess from the tree, and now those seeds that appear in the summer are all gone...


That is our tree in the center foreground; the trees across the street are still straggly looking.  It's not a contest, but if it were, our tree wins.  ;-)

Getting out and moving around has helped with the aches.  I may let Joan take me out for lunch.

 


2 comments:

Earl49 said...

Sorry you are feeling bad after a shot that is supposed to help. I hear that same story over and over. A friend here who is recovering from cancer and needs to be very careful got his latest booster. It immediately put him in the hospital for a week. Sure this is anecdotal, but I hear about more similar episodes all the time.

Get better! Petting kitty bellies will help.

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Hi Earl - Now at the end of the day, the aches are diminishing. I haven't heard myself moaning on making any moves in the last 8 hours. ;-) I read that some of these "effects" are showing that my body is gearing up for "a fight" if necessary. This one hit me harder than it did Joan; it was the opposite last time.

Rufus has been very attentive to me - it definitely helps.

Best wishes,
Jim