Sunday, December 4, 2022

Can't move...

 

"You did something strenuous to your rickety old body?" you ask.  Who you calling "rickety"?  And, no; I continue to stay healthy by avoiding anything strenuous.  This morning, Rufus hopped up in my lap, snuggled between my arm and my chest... and went to sleep.  The boy is a snuggle bug...



 They boy sleeps hard.  I wish I could sleep like that.  Well, on a completely unrelated subject, I must be sleeping good... our new Select Comfort mattress keeps track of that, and tells me how I am sleeping.

It is a "smart bed" - no, it won't help you with the questions on Jeopardy, but it will tell you how long it took for you to fall asleep, how many hours of restful sleep, and how many minutes of restless sleep, and how long you were out of bed overnight.  My "Sleep IQ Number" was 80 this morning.  Not the 92 that is my all-time best, but still better than I would have expected.  Joan has a suspicion that it is giving you good numbers so you feel better about buying one.  That's a good scam, if that is the case.  Either way, we both feel we are sleeping better on this new bed.

Back to the topic: when Rufus gets comfortable like that, I don't have the heart to move - don't want to disturb my furry boy.  He sleeps in "the big chair," and sleeps down at the foot of the bed with us.  The Facebook Memory today from one year ago is a photo of Ruf in the fluffy cat-bed Joan got him... and a photo with a sporty scarf around his neck.  The bed looks like it should be ultra-comfortable for a cat, but he doesn't want anything to do with it.  Steph has one just like it and she says her cats treat it like it is made of lava.


I enjoy these Facebook Memories... like a walk down Memory Lane.  And, in this family, there are a lot of good cat memories.  Like from 3 years ago...


Taking Rufus for a ride in a wagon.  And this one from 6 years ago, of Steph and Dan's furry boy Alfie...



No comments: