Friday, December 23, 2022

Well, that happened fast...

 

When I took Rufus for a walk last night, I was wearing shorts.  We heard the cold front blow in about 9:00 pm.  Joan switched the thermostat from a/c to heat before we went to bed.  This morning when I got up just before 7:00, it was 32º outside, wind out of the north at about a million miles per hour.  By 8:00 am, it was down to 29º.  Yes, below freezing for the "Tropical Tip."

Tropical, my ass.

Glad to have gotten in a motorcycle ride yesterday, as well as a couple cat walks, and two meals cooked outside on the griddle.  None of that will be happening for a while.  Yes, I know the whole country is experiencing ugly winter weather... I'm glad that we aren't traveling.  And while I miss them a bunch, I'm relieved that Steph and Dan aren't traveling here for Christmas.  We'll see them in another month or so when we head that way.

Speaking of Steph and Dan, they welcomed a new addition to their family yesterday.  Meet Blaine...


 Steph and Dan are working with a group that trains guide dogs for the blind.  This young fellow will be with them for a year while he gets socialized and trained before he goes on for more specific training and will eventually make a real difference in someone's life.  This is a selfless act on their part - I'm very proud of them.  The way we get attached to the 4 legged members of our family, I don't know if my heart could handle the "giving them back" part of this program.  But, they go into this knowing how it all works.

They just picked him up at the airport yesterday.  At 9 weeks, Blaine is about the size of Steph and Dan's big cats... that will change quickly.  So far, all the 4 legged critters in their home are getting along fine.

Bundle up and stay warm.


No comments: