Saturday, December 31, 2022

It's that time...

 

"Time when we reflect back on the happenings of the year?" you ask.  Yeah, that, too.  But around here, it is the time of the year that law enforcement has to run PSA spots on TV to remind people "Do not fire guns in the air to celebrate the New Year."

I'm still dumbfounded that the warning is necessary, but the report I saw last night said there were over 150 reports of "celebratory gun fire in the air" last year in the Rio Grande Valley at New Years Eve.

As usual, we are planning for a quiet evening in.  This was from the blog 8 years ago...

"So, an intimate little celebration for us tonight... just us...party, party!! I'm thinking: some raucous behavior, lewd dancing, debauchery, drinking, and nudity. I don't know what the Blonde is planning."

;-)

Happy New Year!

--------

The day started with a heavy fog - I put off my usual morning bicycle ride.  Around 11:00, Joan asked if I wanted to go bike riding with her... absolutely.  It's been a long while since we've ridden together.  My usual is around the streets on our island; she prefers to take the bridge off the island and ride around town... pick the crazies you want to be exposed to.  At least on our island, with the highest speed limit being 15, the odds are better that you'll survive the impact.  So, we compromised and went off the island, then rode back on and did a couple of the loops in our resort area.

I took a few photos with my phone in the mount on the handlebars - it's isn't meant to be used for photos, but to hold the phone so you can see it (I usually listen to music or podcasts when riding).  Not much in the way of composition, but proof that we were out riding together...





 When we got back, we did a "test fit" with the bikes on the heavy duty rack on the back of the Equinox.  Joan wants to order a cover for them, so they really needed to be in place to get the right measurements.  The only use this rack has seen since we traded off the truck (Big Red) was on the back of the motorhome once we were down anywhere for a while - as a lockable storage spot for my bike.

There was a lot of lifting and grunting; I didn't think to get a photo of it.  There is some discussion that we could once again haul bikes across the causeway to SPI to ride around there.

 

No comments: