Saturday, December 17, 2022

Not Givin' Up...

 

"Does this have anything to do with the newest song you and Mark are working on?" you ask.  Well, that is the theme behind the song, but we're discussing video themes, so it will be a while.

No, this is in regards to the ads I had in the FB classifieds for our village.  The flood of questions died off fast as I posted "SOLD" on the various items.  But, some people don't give up... this morning, one woman wanted to know "How much for the Hobie kayak?"... even though the price was in the ad AND it was marked "SOLD" in two places.  Looking at the time stamp on her question, it was from about 4:00 am... maybe she was posting in her sleep?  I saw she had questions on a couple other ads around that same time.

I think I can safely delete the ads now.

Mother Nature hasn't given up, either.  After some truly delightful weather, the next norther blew in overnight.  I woke up to spitty drizzle and strong north wind.  There won't be any bike riding today, pedal or motor.  I was on my motorcycle yesterday when I got a call from the guy who picked up the Hobie, asking if "20 minutes from now" was a good time to come for it.  I said, "Make it 30 - I'm out on my motorcycle right now and I'll turn around and head for home."  I cut the ride short.  But, blue sky and no wind; that ride may have to hold me for a while.  Looks like a week of this cooler blustery stuff ahead.  We may be in for some binge watching.  ;-)

--------

The binge watching is underway: I figured it would be a Hallmark Christmas Movie marathon, but Joan said, "This one sounds interesting"... it's about a guy who kills his family, then commits suicide... so fun holiday viewing.  I will be sleeping with one eye open tonight.  Yeah, just like Rufus does sometimes...


Speaking of Rufus, we aren't doing any outside walks today, thanks to Mother Nature.  But on our evening walk yesterday, a couple walking their dog made a big fuss over Rufus.  She asked if she could pet him... "Sure, he's a social fella."

Then she said, "He walks like he owns the resort."  The boy does have a good swagger at times.

 


No comments: