Friday, December 16, 2022

Gone...

 

If you said, "Hall & Oates, 1973," that's a good old song, but that is "She's Gone."  The major stuff we had for sale is gone.  The people who did what it said in the ad and called bought what they came to check on.  Well, except for the Hobie kayak - that guy really wanted it, but he is out of town right now.  He Paypal paid (Friends & Family, so no take-backs) and had three guys pick it up.  While we had him on the phone, they looked it over and confirmed that everything works (I demonstrated the pedal system and rudder), told him that it is now up to them to get it to his place in one piece.  He agreed; it's paid for and gone.

I am officially out of the "water activity" lifestyle.  It made my heart hurt when we sold Wild Blue years ago.  I didn't feel a thing but relief when we sold the pontoon boat.  Pretty much the same with these "water toys."  They have been taking up space and not getting used.  And clutter reduced which makes Joan happy.  Which makes me happy.  Which makes Rufus happy, 'cause he just had lunch.

So, all the big items sold in less than 24 hours.  Just a portable grill and some kayak J-hooks are left; minor stuff.  And now I don't have to deal with people who can't read an ad.  Whew!


2 comments:

Hinch said...

I've been following your blog since long before the departure of Wild Blue -- I went through a long C-Dory fanboy stage -- and have dropped in here occasionally since then. Glad to see all is well, and merry Christmas to you and your wife and Rufus!

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Hi Hinch. I always appreciate hearing from a reader. Merry Christmas to you and yours.