Sunday, December 4, 2022

Fogust...

 

That's what we used to call the month of August when we were in the San Juan Islands... yes, because fog was likely any day.  We have had fog here in the Tropical Tip the last 4 days... we seem to have made it through the never-ending drizzle, but fog in the morning and evening has been thick.  Fogember?

When I got out for a bicycle ride this morning...

 

It can be rather ethereal.  When I got back from the bike ride, my beard was wet; plenty of moisture in that fog.

By early afternoon, the fog had thinned out - time for a motorcycle ride.  Plenty of traffic out there.  The Lighted Boat Parade was last night along SPI; lighting the Christmas tree ceremony in Port Isabel.  A good weekend for visitors, as long as they didn't mind the fog.  Riding across the causeway this afternoon, the twin towers of the Saphire beachfront rentals were obscured by fog across the middle, but the top of the towers were in the sunshine.  Quite striking, but you'll have to go with my description because I didn't bring a camera along.

I did stop and use my phone to take a photo of the "snowmen" in front of my favorite Wyland Whaling Wall, with the CTX in it...


No, those aren't real snow-people... it was 74º out while I was riding.  This is my idea of what "winter" should be like.  A t-shirt and shorts while making breakfast on the griddle this morning.  More of the same for cheesesteaks this afternoon.

:-)


2 comments:

Earl49 said...

We have heavy fog this morning too. But we're at 26° with about 2" of fresh snow on the ground. Yup, winter has arrived. Still I can handle this better than 80° and 375% humidity.

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Hi Earl - we have something in common: we are also at 26º. Well, that is our latitude, not the temperature! ;-) I'll take the heat and humidity over that "white death." Good that there's plenty of room in this big ol' country for you snow lovers and those of us who want to be able to walk barefoot on a sandy beach. In December. Stay warm! Or, be cool. LOL