Tuesday, April 28, 2020

A Blast From The Past...


No, not an oldies song.  Although, most of what I enjoy playing is definitely considered "oldies."  But, this is sorta guitar related.

Today, Joan was going through some closet drawers, in search of some fabric for making a couple more masks.  It is our intent to go on with life, not in fear, but with caution.  And for the near term, that means wearing a mask if can potentially come into contact with other people.

Back to the search: while going through one drawer, she said, "Look what I found!"  I was hoping it was a bag of $100 bills.  It wasn't.  But, it was something I had asked about earlier this year, before we went to Arizona: a particular shirt.  For full disclosure, I have more t-shirts than I can wear.  Every so often, we donate a stack.  I assumed this shirt had gone away.

Do you have shirts that commemorate moments in time: a concert, a vacation to a special place, a particular guitar brand?  OK, most people don't care about a particular guitar brand, all though for the life of me, I don't get that.  But, I digress.  This shirt came from early fall 2007.  We had been cruising in the Pacific Northwest in Wild Blue (Joan, Molly the boat cat, and me).  We stopped at Ganges, a small town on Salt Spring Island in the Gulf Islands, British Columbia, Canada.  There is a justifiably famous Saturday Market that brings in a crowd: there is fresh produce, baked goods, and hand crafted items.  More than just a typical farmers' market.

I found this...


A tie-dye shirt with a guitar image!  I had to have it.  Now, regular readers here have seen me in a few tie-die shirts over the years, but I am not really a tie-dye kinda guy.  I wear them more "ironically" rather than bringing back my hippie roots from the 60s.  This was the first tie-dye shirt I ever owned... and it has a guitar on it.

Here's a look back...


Hmmm; I had dark hair back then, and more of it.  Look behind me on the dock - that is the lovely Molly looking around to see if any dock neighbors could see me in that shirt.  ;-)  Many things have changed in 13 years.  This was on page 23... of 192 pages of "The Cruising Adventures of Wild Blue and Crew" on the C-Brats.

It has been a couple years since I've seen that shirt.  It brings back some good memories... just what some of those "special shirts" are supposed to do.

:-)


No comments: