Friday, April 3, 2020

An analog guy in a digital world...


"But, Jim, you were an early adopter of digital technology in photography!"  Yes, we were.

After getting the cargo trailer and the car unloaded and put back together, Joan went to the store while I worked on getting my music room set up.  On this trip out, I made a good buy on a digital mixer and a large diaphragm condenser microphone.  I have felt pretty comfortable with technology, but this mixer is taxing my brain... it is far more complicated, with more controls (digital, of course) than anything I've used previously.  Instead of reaching over and tweaking a dial, like on an analog mixer, you pull up 20 different pages on an iPad.  Progress.

Speaking of mixer, I mentioned to Joan that I had taken the mixer out of the car last night.

"Why?" she asked.

"So I can get it set up," I replied.

We were both confused.  Seems that she brought back a mixer (as in: making a cake) that we got as a wedding present 100 years ago; she left it with Steph when we sold the house up north.  Steph wasn't using it, so... mixer or mixer... I guess it depends on your perspective.  ;-)  I'm guessing her mixer is less complicated to operate than mine.

I got a report when Joan got back from the store: there were no kids in there.  It wasn't crowded, but they were using shopping carts as a "maze" to funnel people into the store.  Most people were wearing gloves and a mask.  Still no toilet paper (yeah, we're OK on that for now, but keeping an eye out).  Light traffic in town.  We have an odd # license plate, so she was good to go.  How many people remember gas lines in the 70s, with the odd/even license plate situation?

Rufus is doing fine in "the big house."  No, he isn't in jail.  The house is big compared to the motorhome.  He spent some time last night and this morning running wildly throughout the house.  For no particular reason I could fathom.  Just because he could, I guess.

;-)

This morning...


That isn't a high-key cove (photography term) he's in... he likes going into my shower.  I think it's the acoustics: a nice reverb when he lets out a kitty yell.

I didn't to into my shower today... but, the jacuzzi tub was nice for my aching muscles this morning.


No comments: