Thursday, April 9, 2020

To mask, or not to mask...


That is the question.  Kinda paraphrasing my old buddy Billy Shakespeare.  No, there are no bonus points for that one.

Out for my morning bike ride, I was listening to music and making observations.  I only saw one boat today... we read yesterday that the new restrictions in Port Isabel call for "no more than two people in a boat, and no recreational water activities."  I'm a bit unclear on what constitutes as "recreational water activity."  There was only one person in the boat I saw.

A few less people out today, and some wearing masks.  Yes, I was wearing mine.  I saw two ladies walking, both wearing masks.  I came by these same two again, and they were visiting with 3 other ladies... the two had taken their masks down while visiting with the 3 who weren't wearing masks.  Is this the newest form of peer pressure?  ;-)  It doesn't make sense to drop the masks when you are around more people... but, what do I know?

The doctor who has been the spokesman for the administration was being interviewed on the Today Show this morning; he was saying that perhaps hand-shaking should be a thing of the past.  It amazes me how fast things have changed in the past month.


No comments: