Friday, April 24, 2020

A late start...


No, I am not talking about puberty.

Most mornings, when I get back from a bike (bicycle) ride and feeling parched, Joan has a plate of fruit ready for me... a refreshing way to start re-hydrating.  She had the fruit ready before I was ready to get out on the bike.  Then, after the fruit, I had a request for some music while Rufus gets brushed.  Then, breakfast.  It was 11:00 before I got out on my bike.

With that late start, it was already warmer than my earlier bike outings.  Way fewer people out and about, as well.  And, a different crowd than the earlier in the morning walkers... those I passed seemed to be grumpier than the early morning folks.  I said, "Good Morning!" to everyone I passed - only one person responded with the same.  That is definitely different from my earlier rides.  Or, maybe people are just getting pissy with all the staying at home?

Doesn't matter, I'm still going to wish them a good morning, 'cause I am a little ray of sunshine.  ;-)

We watched a Facebook Live presentation today - it was a sales video showcasing one of our local tourist businesses: Coastal Winds.  They sell all kinds of decor and gift items.  If you remember the dolphins and turtles on our wall by the door to the deck, those came from there.  I hope this gives this business a shot in the arm while they get ready to re-open.  There were a lot of good comments, and about 475 views by the time the presentation was done.  We will be buying something to support this local business.  Tomorrow, there will be another Facebook Live showing for Art*Sea, one of our favorite local shops.  I'm looking forward to that one, as well.  If you want to tune in, look at Port Isabel Texas on Facebook tomorrow at 2:00 (CDT).

Joan and I sat down and looked at some dates.  Any plan for going to Hart Ranch has to keep in mind when the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally is - not for us going to the Rally, but for being able to get a site before everything is booked up.  According to the City of Sturgis, everything is a go for the Rally in August.  The expectations have been for a huge crowd (prior to the Corona Virus pandemic), since this is the 80th Rally.  Those numbers ending in "0" have been bigger ever since the 50th.

Nothing booked, but we are in negotiations... between Joan and me.

After that, it was time for another "Staying at Home" music video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNuuocIXfIU&feature=youtu.be

One small change in the wording, for Rufus.  See if you can find it.


No comments: