Monday, April 20, 2020

Mixed signals...


Someone in our house said, "We are eating too much; we need to back off so we don't weigh 400 pounds at the end of this stay at home stuff."  Two hours later... "I made fresh cookies; chocolate chip for you, peanut butter for me..."  I don't question.

Remember the movie Escape From New York?  If you said, "1981, directed by John Carpenter, starring Kurt Russel," you get 75 bonus points.

Escape from Long Island isn't quite the same.  Especially considering this Long Island is in the Tropical Tip, not the Empire State.  I have concerns for the welfare of our scoots: it isn't good to let them sit; just doing my part to keep them in good shape.  I'm thoughtful that way.

I took the Xmax out first...


I was planning on just riding around our Island, but when it came time to take the last turn before heading out front gate, something inside my head said, "Go for it!"  Apparently, that something wasn't aware that I didn't have my wallet (and, thus my driver's license) with me.  Across the bridge and into town.  I rode around for a while, feeling the scoot enjoy fresh gas coursing through it's lines.  Well, OK, it is the same old gas that was in the tank, but it was moving through the fuel lines.  And, I was moving through the breeze.  It totally didn't suck.  I was following all the distancing rules and was wearing safety equipment: helmet, gloves, and a mask.

I saw three police vehicles pulling up to a stoplight at one intersection.  Staying cool, I turned, rode past them, and nodded.  I was probably smiling, too, but under a mask, who would know?  I came back to our island and swapped the Xmax for the Vespa...


It is interesting riding one right after the other.  I appreciate the differences: classic Italian styling vs modern Japanese design; upright riding position vs sporty; the feel of each: the Vespa feels smaller, the Xmax is bigger in every dimension.  But, both are a very satisfying ride.  Especially so when it seems like it has been too long.

Out on the Vespa, I only saw one Po-Po vehicle and no sign of an impending checkpoint.  I even stopped for a moment to take in the pretty water of the Laguna Madre...


Maybe a bit longer on the Vespa.  Yes, I play favorites.  ;-)


1 comment:

Kent said...

Why not Ride the Scoots? Maybe the Blond could Sew Masks for them too-- That would be funny..

As far as the Po-- Po Go.. Why even worry about them-- I'll bet they don't worry about you..

Be Safe my Blog Friend..