Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Hanging...


No, it hasn't gotten to the point that one of us is thinking about stringing up the other.  At least I don't think so.

Joan decided today was the day.  No, not for stringing me up - seriously, you need to let it go.  There have been some discussion about where.  Don't make me go there.  Where she is going to hang the two quilt projects she completed while in Arizona.  Should the guitar quilt go in the music room?  I would be the only one to see it there.  I thought the wall that you see when you first come in the front door... but, there are light switches, a thermostat, and the switch for the hurricane shutter motor for our full length windows and door to the deck.  Joan moved some photos around for that space...


That opened up a wall in the hallway for the guitar quilt...


It's on the way to the music room, so we'll both get to enjoy it there.

And that leaves the cat quilt.  Another photo in the bedroom went away to make space...


It looks good on the wall there...


Our homes have always had photo decor.  We are making a move to a "softer" look.

I did help with holding and "declaring level", but the hanging and positioning was all Joan.  I really enjoy her quilt creations.

I spent some time with the digitally controlled mixer (music, not baking), continuing on my quest to learn the nuances of what seems like an endless array of controls.  I have most of it down, but it isn't intuitive, yet.  On the bright side, everything seems to be working with my Spire Studio (what I use for recording), including being able to route instruments and mics from the X-Air (mixer) to the Spire.  I thought the mixer would allow me to easily switch between instruments and mics... so far, it just makes my brain hurt.  ;-)


No comments: