Saturday, April 4, 2020

Going for a ride...


No, not on the scoot.  It was 76º this morning when I got up just before 7:00.  The weather weasels were calling for rain overnight... it didn't happen.  Gray and overcast out, it looks like Mother Nature is up to something.  I thought it would be a good idea to get a ride in.  Joan suggested I put a mask on; it's a look...


It's a neck gator we wear when on the scoots or the boat; mostly for sun protection on your neck, they are long enough that it will easily cover your nose and mouth.

Really humid out - my sunglasses would fog as I exhaled, then cleared... then fogged, then cleared.

I did stop for a bit to visit with our neighbor, Susan, and two of her friends.  Yes, while keeping proper distance.  One of her friends said that Port Isabel is now requiring wearing a mask if you are out in public.  I can't verify that, but we are not officially in Port Isabel.  There were people out walking, none wearing a mask.  A few people on bicycles, also no masks.  Towards the end of my ride, I saw one guy wearing a mask - I've seen him around before, always wearing a backpack with a fishing rod sticking out of it.  I think masks are coming.

Joan said she's going to make a couple masks for us, something more substantial than our neck gators.

When I got back from my ride, just as I came into the house, there was a weather alert on the TV.  Severe weather, just north of us.  Thunderstorms capable of producing 3 1/2" hail, wind gusts above 50mph, and waterspouts along the coast.  Yeah, that sounds severe.  Looking on radar, it looks like the worst of it will stay north of us, but we are in the warning area.  And, we're gonna get wet.

Glad I got my ride in.


No comments: