Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Yesterday...


This was the last song that Mark and I started working up before we left Arizona...

https://soundcloud.com/captainjimb/yesterday

I did the guitar, bass, and vocals once we were back in Texas.  I sent those tracks to Mark, and he added piano and strings (synth).


This song was Mark's choice, based on watching the movie Yesterday the night before.  Somehow, given the current world situation, I think a lot of us wish we could go back in time just a bit.

For some background on the recording (ours, not the Beatles), this was the first track I recorded with the new large diaphram condenser mic.  I need to get some more experience with it... after 50+ years of using a dynamic mic, there is a definite difference in technique.  As things are playing out, I will have some time to practice.  ;-)

---------

Out this morning for a bike ride.  Bicycle, not scooter.  Not a lot of people out before 8:00.  76ยบ, calm wind, and humid.  I bit sticky with a mask on.  I stopped to take this photo...


You can almost feel the heaviness in the air in that photo.


No comments: