Thursday, April 23, 2020

A music day...


Joan was working on a quilting project.  I spent much of the day in my music room/studio.  This morning, I recorded a couple tracks on another song Mark wrote.  This one is rock 'n roll, with some witty lyrics.  He and I have trading ideas back and forth.  I sent the tracks on to him - looking forward to his finished vocal and keyboard track.  Mark also played the main guitar part in this one.  I will get it posted when it is done.

This afternoon, I went back to experimenting with the Shure MV88+ mic/video kit.  It has been a learning process, and I am enjoying it.  Today, the plan was to try using "the good side" of the camera... which means I can't see it when the camera is pointed at me.  Enter my Apple Watch - I can remotely start the video from the watch.  However, the Shure Movid video app doesn't have a Watch app, yet.  But, if you use the Movid video app to set up all the mic parameters, it holds those... so using that mic is functional, even without the app.  I can also see the cropping for the video camera on my watch.

I also got out the Bose S1 Pro (compact PA) and used the MV88+ mic close to that, utilizing the lightning connector extension cable Joan ordered for me.  I have been using a Fishman Loudbox Mini amp for the sound, because it was already set up and easy.  But, the Bose sounds significantly better.  So, several changes.

Here's the latest song, the whole version of the song I used on my initial test of the MV88+, David Loggins' Please Come To Boston...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-igieXV9vk&feature=youtu.be






5 comments:

Kent said...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSzMVKjlFdM

Kent said...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhCfehYJxXA

Kent said...

You play Good Tunes-- But this is Incredible..

Kent said...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccJTFXvkXkA

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

All good videos, Kent. Do you make music? I made a living playing rock 'n roll in my younger years. These days, I like making music, but certainly not at the level of currently professional musicians. How about posting up something you did?